We took this project on after the previous developer and roofer took off halfway through the project.
The EPDM flat roof was one of the worst we'd seen in a long time, with water leakage throughout the roof area, details that were either not placed correctly or left half-finished. We had our work cut out for us because the new pitched roof expansion had been half-started using improper steel. The project had been made worse, and we had our work cut out for us. We began by removing the original EPDM rubber covering from the flat roof and installing a new ply deck across the roof for a fresh, clean surface. We fully attached an Alwitra single-ply membrane to the new plywood after the developer had insulated from below. We removed the door going out onto the roof after finishing most of the roof and new trim profiles to properly complete the threshold detail; it had been tried with the door in place. On the upper mono-pitch, we completely stripped and rebuilt the roof area, including new extensions on two sides. On top of that, a new warm roof (120mm insulated) was erected, complete with a bespoke trim to match the pitched detail. The lower tiled works received a fresh build-up and salvaged tiles to match the roof. All of the new lead work and lead detailing were installed at the same time. The client was really grateful, and we were able to complete the project in just two weeks.